About the Manufacturer
Built on a foundation of innovation, commitment, and dependability, Kryptonite has been a leader in the security solutions industry for over four decades. One of the most trusted manufacturers of bicycle locks, the company began its journey in 1971 with the invention of the U-lock by Michael Zane. Since then, the company has continued to research, discover, invent, and test premium quality products to ensure that they produce only the best of the best.
With this reputable company, quality and satisfaction do not end with the products. Beginning in 1977 with the introduction of their anti-theft protection offers and still offering Anti-theft Protection and Key Safe Programs today, they are dedicated to their customers and proudly stand behind their products. Consumers can choose to further secure their items, including locks and keys, against defects, damage, or loss with different available protection programs.
About the Lock
Sporting a delightful bright orange and black color combination, this U-lock weighs 3.55 lbs and measures 3.25” x 7”. It features a high security bent foot design, 13 mm hardened steel shackle, disc-style cylinder, and more, for optimal performance. It includes four feet of flex cable and three stainless steel keys, one of which includes a replaceable, high intensity LED bulb key fob perfect for operating the lock in dark areas.
Positives and Negatives
The Kryptonite Evolution Mini-7 bicycle lock’s small 3.25” x 7” size makes it incredibly easy to transport and store, as well as increases its difficulty to penetrate. Its shackle is comprised of 13 mm hardened maximum performance steel, which is bolt cutter and leverage attack resistant. Its pass-through crossbar design and anti-rotation features protect against twist and single cut attacks, and its high security disc-style cylinder is drill and pick resistant. The Evolution Mini-7 lock’s dual engaging deadbolts add an additional protective layer of strength and security for your valuable items as well.
While the Kryptonite U Lock offers exceptional protection with its U-lock design, its included Flexframe U-bracket allows it maximum versatility in locking locations and options as well. You do not need to be limited on where you can lock your bicycle. In addition to the security the lock itself provides, the company also offers an Anti-theft Protection Program, as well as a Key Safe Program for even more insurance and peace of mind for your lock, keys, and items.
The Kryptonite U Lock includes four feet of flex cable which is strong, durable, and cut resistant; however, some may find that the length of the cord may be too short.
- 13 mm hardened steel shackle
- High security bent foot design
- High security disc-style cylinder
- New pass-through crossbar design
- New hardened double deadbolts
- Reinforced cuff on crossbar
- New sliding dust cover
- Black and orange in color
- Measures 3.25” x 7”
- Weighs 3.55 lbs
- Includes 4 ft of flex cable
- Includes Flexframe U-bracket
- Includes three stainless steel keys, one of which includes a replaceable high intensity LED bulb
- Maximum performance steel shackle is leverage attack and bolt cutter resistant
- Pass-through crossbar design features enhanced anti-rotation features and provides additional protection against single cut and twist attacks
- Dual deadbolt engagement provides additional power and security
- Disc-style cylinder resists picks and drills
- Flexframe U-bracket offers versatility in locking capabilities
- Small size makes theft more difficult
- Eligible for Anti-theft Protection program
- Eligible for Key Safe Program
- Some may find the cord to be too short